Cooking Time: Healthy Pulut Hitam
Yesterday we decided to whip up some dessert using Black Glutinous Rice - Pulut Hitam (Black Glutinous Rice Sweet Soup). We have added in our coconut cream, some white glutinous rice, a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar in it. “You are what you eat” - here is what’s so good about Black Glutinous Rice;
1) It is rich in antioxidants: Helps to maintain heart health, prevent cancer, improve your brain function, reduce inflammation.
2) It is rich in Vitamin E: Helps to maintain eye health, skin and body immunity.
3) It is rich in food fiber: Helps to maintain the digestive tract as it can prevent constipation, flatulence and even absorb toxins in the drain.
4) Good choice of food to lose weight: It helps the body’s metabolic processes and keeps you full longer. In other words, when you are full longer, you do not need to consume more food and hence you can lose weight.
5) Gluten-free. Lately, there is this hype about foods that are Gluten-free. Gluten triggers serious health problems or other insensitivities. A gluten-free diet is essential for managing signs and symptoms of celiac disease and other medical conditions associated with gluten. A gluten-free diet is also popular among people who haven't been diagnosed with a gluten-related medical condition. The claimed benefits of the diet are improved health, weight loss and increased energy, but more research is needed.
We offer small packets (500g) and also big packets for businesses (25kg). You can proceed to our website (link in bio) to make an order / enquire!